Logitech audio system impulse power supply diagnose ?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ok...!
I am going to say once.
You need to attach the images on the forum and resize it.
Your images a poor in quality too. Post clear, focused pictures.
You are not a kid, double check the images before posting.

If you can't do this I cannot help.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
"we" have a problem...

Over my coupler(with 4 holes) were some stuff and i didn`t realise audio system was actually on/in/ and make my safety thing before touching whatever - short between 2 pins of the Filtering capacitor. You know what was the effect. On the back of the board i see that one pin is connected to 2 diods and the other to the IC under the heat sink. What would you say now? i think to measure these 2 diods and if failed to put new. The other thing i see is one most probably burnt resistance which i arrowed on the pictures 2 and 3. Think to replace it too.
After replacement of the 2 diods and 1 Resistance i think to power on the board again? What do you think?

I know that have made stupid thing, but no one has warranty for geting away from mistakes. I am alive and healthy. There is no other damage except components of the board.

Please dont judge me... :)

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
As long as the diodes are ok, and the resistor is replaced, check for no shorts on the input side, it should be able to power up.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
What means check for short in "the input side" ? :)

The woman in store gave me by299 for replacing rl207. I see rl 207 2a 50-1000v but BY is 100-800.
The voltage on the entry capacitor should be 220*1.4 right? so i can use the diod?

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
I am not telling i can do them :D

After the education which was not so effective i have to deal with real life alone. Have technics try this and that use google asking one friend and here in AllAboutCurcuits.

Didn`t check the fuse. I will

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
What has heatshrink?

14 M Ohms and goes lower

edit :
it has heat shrink
TEST WITHOUT MAINS CONNECTED!

To check the mains side put your dvm on Diode/ohms across the psu mains input terminals and check for shorts, the ohm meter should start low and ramp up to around 1-10K ohms.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
I have desoldered the element which is exactly in left of power connector.

My device has three submodes in this mode - resistance/auto/ (I used that) ,diods check and zoomer

;