Login says my username and password are invalid

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Every time I log into AAC, the following error message appears:
login_error.png

This is not a browser specific problem, I have observed it in both Chrome and Firefox on desktop, and in Chrome on my phone.

After attempting to login and receiving this error, when I go to forum.allaboutcircuits.com (the forum subdomain) it shows me as being logged in, but if I go to allaboutcircuits.com (the main page), it says that I am not logged in.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Hello,

The site has switched to HTTPS.
Do you use the HTTPS?

Bertus
Yes, I am using the HTTPS version of the site. I don't think the problem is related to that though because I've been experiencing the problem for several months, but didn't report it because I thought it might be a problem everyone was experiencing that would get fixed soon.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hello,

The site has switched to HTTPS.
Do you use the HTTPS?

Bertus

It should automatically switch to https. Doubt that is the issue. Besides, if it did not swith, the TS would be likely not able to get to the site at all.

I would like to know how the TS was able to post with an invalid username or password. @TS, do you still get on to the site?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You are logged in now.
Did it happen today too, that you got the posted page?
If that is the case @jrap sould have a look what is happening during your login.

Bertus

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Yes, it is still happening. As I mentioned in my OP, if I go to the forum after getting the error, I am logged in there, but I still get the error and am not logged in to the rest of the site (outside the forum).

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yes, it is still happening. As I mentioned in my OP, if I go to the forum after getting the error, I am logged in there, but I still get the error and am not logged in to the rest of the site (outside the forum).

Sorry missed that. Still groggy this morning.

Sounds to me like you id simply does not have access to pages outside the forum. It is a different URL. I am guesssing you have access to blogs and gallery, correct?

markdem

Joined Jul 31, 2013
Have you changed your password lately, or did you type the password in wrong at some point?

Here is something quick to try.

Open the windows control panel, click on "User Accounts" then click on "Manage your credentials". (on the left) In the list look for anything that has allaboutcircuits in it and remove it. Sometimes it just remembers the wrong password and the logon will fail.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What was the problem and the fix? That would be nice to know in case someone else has a similar problem in the future.

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
What was the problem and the fix? That would be nice to know in case someone else has a similar problem in the future.
Sorry, I really don't know. He suggested that I try resetting my password, which I did, but that didn't fix the issue. Then he did something on his end and told me my account should be fixed, which it was, but I don't know what he did.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all,

This was an account bug between the CMS and XF (due updating email address on XF). I'll have a fix out for it ASAP.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So it sounds like a transient issue with the system and not a per-user configuration problem. Hence, once fixed, is unlikely to recur. Thanks!