logic gates and boolean help in logicsim

jamesboxer

Joined Oct 28, 2011
Hi
I need help with logic sim, i need to construct a NOR or XOR circuit using NAND gates only.
I have created one already, just wanted to make sure it was correct, I have input 1 and input 2, going into a NOR gate and then output 3.
Is this correct? Or do I need to add a NAND gate in there somewhere..

Also i need to construct a truth tabele for boolean function,
M = x *(y * inverted Z + inverted x * y)
Then I need to build a circuit in logic sim for this..

Can anybody help with these two questions,
thanks

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi
I need help with logic sim, i need to construct a NOR or XOR circuit using NAND gates only.
I have created one already, just wanted to make sure it was correct, I have input 1 and input 2, going into a NOR gate and then output 3.
Is this correct? Or do I need to add a NAND gate in there somewhere..
Is this homework? If your requirements are to implements a NOR or XOR circuit using NAND gates only, then you shouldn't be wiring up NOR circuits in Logicsim; find the equivalent circuit for the NOR function using ONLY NAND gates. A quick Google search for "NAND gate equivalents" will provide you with many resources. Then wire that circuit in Logicsim.

Also i need to construct a truth tabele (sic) for boolean function,
M = x *(y * inverted Z + inverted x * y)
Then I need to build a circuit in logic sim for this..
You should show us your work in how far you can get constructing the truth table, first.

jamesboxer

Joined Oct 28, 2011
Yes this is homework. I have created a diagram of the logic sim, it worked fine though but im not sure if it is correct to make the diagram this way. But I have to make a NOR circuit using NAND gates only so i thought this was the correct way. Please check the diagram below with the truth table, thanks

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
No, your schematic is not correct.

You need to use only NAND gates, yet you have a NOR gate in there.

The connections you have made to the NAND gates on the left will not result in a NOR gate output.

Start by writing down the NOR and NAND gate truth tables. You have the NAND truth table already. Then figure out how you can create a NOR gate using only NAND gates.

These forums are not interactive. It may take hours or even days to receive a reply.

You have posted in the wrong forum. You should have posted in the "Homework Help" forum instead. Expect a Moderator to move it there when one of them sees it.

jamesboxer

Joined Oct 28, 2011
many thanks for your reply, i realised what i was doing wrong literally a few hours after i posted the thread haha, thanks, im still abit stuck on the boolean function though, ive drawn a truth table but i dont think its correct :/
could anyone still help me on that
thanks