Load Sharing

qitara

Joined Jan 18, 2013
Hi Guys

Assume that I have three AC generators 200KW,30KW,70KW and all three are paralleled, If I now connect a load that is 85KW, how will the load be shared among the three generators, (by means how much will each produce) ?

A Math formula would be great :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
And some show of effort by YOU to solve YOUR homework problem would be even greater.

What are the details on these threee AC generators? What are the source and line impedances between them and the load? Are these ideal generators?

qitara

Joined Jan 18, 2013
And some show of effort by YOU to solve YOUR homework problem would be even greater.

What are the details on these threee AC generators? What are the source and line impedances between them and the load? Are these ideal generators?
I am a mechanical technician not an electric, that's why I am asking this here. this is not a job or any thing, just something I was thinking about, you never stop learning isn't that right ?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you post in Homework Help, it will be assumed that you are requesting help on homework -- kinda goes along with the whole forum name thing.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Hi Guys

Assume that I have three AC generators 200KW,30KW,70KW and all three are paralleled, If I now connect a load that is 85KW, how will the load be shared among the three generators, (by means how much will each produce) ?

A Math formula would be great :)
There is no "Math Formula". It is possible to distribute the load across the 3 generators in any ratio.

If the generators, inspite of different ratings, have the same source impedence, by default, the load will be equally shared.

Ramesh

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Any good example
Good example of what?

The reference works through at least one example.

The principle is the same for DC or AC (for which you need vector arithmetic and I posted some examples somewhere try a search) and as many generators as you like.