LM331 circuit not working

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I found LM331 datasheet from the linkhttp://www.ti.com/lit/ds/snosbi2c/snosbi2c.pdf

I tested Fig.14 in breadboard. It works well. But when I tried Circuit as per Fig.16, I find no output. Any advice?
There's an exact replacement from Raytheon with a completely different 4 digit base number.

Could be an additional source of appnotes if you're interested.

Sharp also got in on the act with their own peculiar style of part number, but not being able to remember it didn't help my last search for it.

garimellak

Joined Nov 10, 2016
There's an exact replacement from Raytheon with a completely different 4 digit base number.

Could be an additional source of appnotes if you're interested.

Sharp also got in on the act with their own peculiar style of part number, but not being able to remember it didn't help my last search for it.
I checked my circuit thoroughly, but still I find no output from LM331. Has anybody tested circuit described in Fig.16?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I checked my circuit thoroughly, but still I find no output from LM331. Has anybody tested circuit described in Fig.16?
In its various guises - it was used in early VGA multisync monitors to differentiate the sync pulse frequency. The signal was fed to a chip that remembered the settings for each of various VGA modes.

Old VGA monitor service manuals sometimes show examples of circuitry.