Livestrong LS10.0T "Connecting LS" displayed on console

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I have a Livestrong LS10.0T "Connecting LS" displayed on console. Drive motor doesn't turn on nor does the incline motor. console buttons don't do anything. tested the drive motor and incline motors and they both work. Looking for some help to figure out whats wrong or what the next steps are. new to electronic troubleshooting but can follow direction for next steps

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have a Livestrong LS10.0T "Connecting LS" displayed on console. Drive motor doesn't turn on nor does the incline motor. console buttons don't do anything. tested the drive motor and incline motors and they both work. Looking for some help to figure out whats wrong or what the next steps are. new to electronic troubleshooting but can follow direction for next steps
Have you looked through this ?: http://productload.johnsonfit.com/i...ce_guide/70a3ddccd64bcb35f9f2c679b0261ea0.pdf

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
-Checked the resistance of the DC drive motor which the manual calls to less than 10 ohms. reads 0 on my multimeter
-The console has no response when buttons are pushed, manual says if this happens to replace the console but i want to know its that before unloading the parts cannon

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
-Checked the resistance of the DC drive motor which the manual calls to less than 10 ohms. reads 0 on my multimeter
-The console has no response when buttons are pushed, manual says if this happens to replace the console but i want to know its that before unloading the parts cannon
The 0Ω reading is probably fine unless your meter is a good one has a low ohms scale. You might check again and compare the reading you get to what the meter says when you hold its leads together. Try rotating the motor a bit as well. If it is truly a dead short, that could be a problem. If it appears to truly be 0Ω, try placing an incandescent lightbulb in place of the motor.

If the console is not responding, I suppose you cannot enter "engineering mode"? In the wiring diagram there are a number of connectors identified as "customer", meaning the customer is responsible for making those connections. I'd take them all apart, inspect, and put them back together. That may be a dead end but it's easy enough to try.

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I retested the motor wires and got 0 ohms. Same reading for touching the 2 test leads together. Rotating the motor while testing shows infinite. Multimeter is a mastercraft 52-0055-6

As for the console wires, I had the issue before I had to take it all apart when I moved it to my house. Nothing looks burnt or off on the connector both at the console or the mcb

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I retested the motor wires and got 0 ohms. Same reading for touching the 2 test leads together. Rotating the motor while testing shows infinite. Multimeter is a mastercraft 52-0055-6

As for the console wires, I had the issue before I had to take it all apart when I moved it to my house. Nothing looks burnt or off on the connector both at the console or the mcb
Hmmm, that zero ohm reading doesn’t feel right. Can you try using a light bulb in place of the motor?

Also, if the motor is disconnected, does the console come back to life?

Last edited:

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Hmmm, that zero ohm reading doesn’t feel right. Can you try using a light bulb in place of the motor?

Also, if the motor is disconnected, does the console come back to life?
Disconnecting the motor from the MCB did not bring the console back to life

Am I to be testing the wires connecting the motor to mcb or the wires inside the motor itself?

Juhstjahn

Joined May 10, 2019
Have you found a solution for this? I'm currently going through the same problem but don't want to spend the 260(CND) to replace the MCB incase I'm wrong

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Have you found a solution for this? I'm currently going through the same problem but don't want to spend the 260(CND) to replace the MCB incase I'm wrong
I found a used circuit board on Ebay and it fixes the issue. In my search I found a guy who would fix your board for 75 usd if you live in the USA. Add $30 if you're living in Canada. I will see if I can find the listing and post it here

Juhstjahn

Joined May 10, 2019
Thanks alot! I wish I knew what it was he changes/fixes on the board as I'm capable of doing it myself. Oh well! Appreciate your response, have a great day

cec4111

Joined Jan 16, 2020
I have a similar issue with Live strong 13.0T treadmill. It says CONNECTING and no response to the buttons on console. Did you get to resolve this issue? Where is the problem, control board or console? Please let me know.

pcampo

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I have a similar issue with Live strong 13.0T treadmill. It says CONNECTING and no response to the buttons on console. Did you get to resolve this issue? Where is the problem, control board or console? Please let me know.
I ended up finding a used control board which fixed the issue. So its somewhere in the control board that causes the issue but I dont know where. I did find a few sources on ebay or kijiji of people that would fix your old board with improved components. Let me know if you want me to look to see if I can find them and I can pass them along

cec4111

Joined Jan 16, 2020
I ended up finding a used control board which fixed the issue. So its somewhere in the control board that causes the issue but I dont know where. I did find a few sources on ebay or kijiji of people that would fix your old board with improved components. Let me know if you want me to look to see if I can find them and I can pass them along
Thanks that would be great. Please pass on the details. Also how much did you spend on the control board? Are they generic or should I buy the exact model?

Rawket51

Joined Jun 29, 2020
Hi all, thanks for this thread. This information was great.

cec4111 - did you ever get yours fixed? I'm having the exact same problem as you with the same treadmill, and I actually contacted the person mentioned by pcampo and he said he believes the problem is in the Upper Control Board and not fixable, requiring a brand new board. So in his words, I would need part 1000223785 instead of 1000111476 listed here: (https://parts.johnsonfitness.com/htm0926-01-ls13-0t-c2-tm439c-2012-2013)

cec4111

Joined Jan 16, 2020
Hi all, thanks for this thread. This information was great.

cec4111 - did you ever get yours fixed? I'm having the exact same problem as you with the same treadmill, and I actually contacted the person mentioned by pcampo and he said he believes the problem is in the Upper Control Board and not fixable, requiring a brand new board. So in his words, I would need part 1000223785 instead of 1000111476 listed here: (https://parts.johnsonfitness.com/htm0926-01-ls13-0t-c2-tm439c-2012-2013)

Hi, If the error that shows on console is "Connecting LS" and both your motors work fine, then its an issue with Circuit Board, at least in my case. I shipped mine to the repair guys on Ebay and shipped back. It works fine and all costed $75USD.