little help with music recorder - greeting card

Justin534

Joined Dec 15, 2006
Just wondering if in the spirit of the season someone would want to help me make a greeting card that when opened or when a button is pushed it would play a single song. I've seen schematics for little projects that will record for 10 -20 seconds but I need something that I can play a whole song off of, but just one - maybe off a little flash card or something.

My electronics knowledge is very limited so I would need the schematic to be fairly obvious but as far as components go (resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc) I know what they do, but generally not how to use them effectively or necessarily how to use them at all. But I think I can read a schematic alright. I know how to read a resistor, capacitor, diode, ic chip, etc. I know what an ohm and a microfarad is, etc and I know that transistors boost signals through the use of a power supply - and that they can be used as switches...but generally not sure how that one works.

Anyways to get to the point just wondering if in the spirit of the season if anyone could help me out with this one...I might even be able to pay a little. Thanks.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I've seen completed modules that will play a full song. They are available from some of the surplus dealers. About a buck each, if I recall accurately. They are not a kit, though - won't work for anyone who wants the experience of building such a circuit.

Justin534

Joined Dec 15, 2006
Ok $50 for anyone that can work with me on this and help me pull it off. And I'll pay you through paypal or money order, etc.