Lipo Battery / SPDT switch help

blaravie

Joined May 25, 2021
Hi all. I was hoping for a quick answer on an issue I ran into. I'm using a powerboost 500c/500mAh lipo battery to power an arduino nano. I wired a SPDT switch to the powerboost. Earlier, when I wasn't paying attention, I trimmed the end of the ground wire with the battery in and the LED lights connected to the arduino turned on.

Did I just fry the powerboost? Because now, I cannot get the SPDT switch to switch off power. The battery will power the arduino but will not respond to the switch.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi all. I was hoping for a quick answer on an issue I ran into. I'm using a powerboost 500c/500mAh lipo battery to power an arduino nano. I wired a SPDT switch to the powerboost. Earlier, when I wasn't paying attention, I trimmed the end of the ground wire with the battery in and the LED lights connected to the arduino turned on.

Did I just fry the powerboost? Because now, I cannot get the SPDT switch to switch off power. The battery will power the arduino but will not respond to the switch.
Hard to know. If it is acting differently than you expect, then you probably damaged it.