Lipo battery question

Jonlate

Joined Dec 21, 2017
Hi,
I have a speaker that has a lipo battery that needs to be replaced as it’s split open.
The battery is a 955465 3.7v, 5000mAh, and is 18.5wh.
Looking for new ones I also see a 955565 battery. ( there is another 5 where it should be a 4)
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two battery’s! They both look the same to me.

Added to this question, the speaker itself has two of these connected together to the charging circuit board. Will I be ok to solder them back onto the circuit board as I know that these battery’s don’t like the heat. Or should I try and make a spot welder to weld them back on?

Thanks guys.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi,
I have a speaker that has a lipo battery that needs to be replaced as it’s split open.
The battery is a 955465 3.7v, 5000mAh, and is 18.5wh.
Looking for new ones I also see a 955565 battery. ( there is another 5 where it should be a 4)
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two battery’s! They both look the same to me.

Added to this question, the speaker itself has two of these connected together to the charging circuit board. Will I be ok to solder them back onto the circuit board as I know that these battery’s don’t like the heat. Or should I try and make a spot welder to weld them back on?

Thanks guys.
Ouch. You'll have to look at the datasheets of each battery to understand the specs. Also, the datasheet should also have info about the time/temp allowed for wire attachment.

Jonlate

Joined Dec 21, 2017
So searching around it seems that the 955565 is 65mm long and 55mm wide.
But the 955465 is 65mm long and 54mm wide.
Both are 9.5mm deep.
Other than 1 mm difference in the width, they look exactly the same to me.
So the numbers apply to the battery size 95x55x65

It also looks like that a lot of the 5000 mAh ones have loads of different numbers on them, and these all really apply to the actual dimensions of the packs rather than specifications of the battery.

So if you have the storage room to play with, look for the best price, rather than an actual battery number.

hope this is right, but happy to be corrected.