Lightweight air core transformer?

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I am intrigued by your electrostatic propulsion idea. How would that work?
Robert Clark, It's just electrostatic repulsion between gnd and lifter nothing special:oops:! So I say stick with reaction paradigm cuz electrostatic repulsion is totally subject to inverse square law so altitude limit would be awfully disappointing:eek:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
#12 Does that veritable library you posted constitute cardinal knowledge (sic)?:D:p Cuz HP keeps warning me this is family friendly site;)
Back to the dictionary.:mad:
I think you mean carnal knowledge (which my search engine auto-corrects to when I search for, "cardinal knowledge").
So, no, cardinal knowledge receives no results on a search engine.
I'm just going to have to accept that there are an infinite number of infinities, which makes no sense at all to a devout pragmatist like myself.:(

If the limit of a function approaches infinity, which infinity is it?:confused:
Does anybody care?o_O
Will it make any difference in the required thickness of a steel I-beam?:D

Robert Clark

Joined Aug 6, 2016
Aleph(n) denominates the transfinite cardinals -- Aleph(0) being "equal" to the 'count' of all integers - or, more precisely, the cardinality of the set of natural numbers -- and, hence, crudely equivalent to the polar magnatude of x/0 (x|x is a non-zero finite number) -- FWIW, outside of Set Theory/Transfinite Algebra, "Aleph(0)" is generally (albeit it dubiously) regarded as synonymous with "∞"...
All in all, IMNSHO her adoption of said moniker is merely @Aleph(0) 's way of asserting her oh! So! unique "power", "importance" and, most of all, "profundity":rolleyes::p
Best regards
HP:)
Excellent exposition. One other thing I might add is that Aleph(0), the smallest infinity, conversationally is called "Aleph null", written symbolically
. This concept that there are different levels of infinity is one of the strangest and most bizarre concepts in math. It was developed by Georg Cantor and it drove him mad.

Bob Clark

Last edited:
It was developed by Georg Cantor and it drove him mad.
--Emphasis added--

I seriously doubt that!:confused: -- Transfinite Algebra was among Cantor's proudest achievements!:) -- I find it far more plausible that he was marginalized as such by the rather 'kalnienk' -even parochial- 'academic establishment' of the day:(...

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited:
Back to the dictionary.:mad:
I think you mean carnal knowledge (which my search engine auto-corrects to when I search for, "cardinal knowledge").
Far be it from me to 'bail out' @Aleph(0) 's humor:rolleyes: -- Though something akin to 'family loyalty' compels my direction of your attention to her expository employment of "sic" (sic erat scriptum) -- Wordplay, thy name is Aleph!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best regards
HP:cool:

Last edited: