LiFePo4 battery dicharge and charge capacity

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
I just bought new 2x 100ah 48v LiFePo4 battery, can I use this battery for server backup with 800a load for 15 minutes (two connected in parallel) ?, and what voltage and amps I needs to charge this battery properly ?, is I can charge it with normal SMPS (adjustable voltage output) ?

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
Does your 48 volt LiFePO4 battery have 4 of the12 volt individual cells wired in series? The 12 volt LiFePO4 battery cell seems to be the usual basic unit. There are several 12 volt LiFePO4 chargers that show up online, but nothing so far for a 48 volt version.

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
N
Does your 48 volt LiFePO4 battery have 4 of the12 volt individual cells wired in series? The 12 volt LiFePO4 battery cell seems to be the usual basic unit. There are several 12 volt LiFePO4 chargers that show up online, but nothing so far for a 48 volt version.
I think no... and even is yes... I still needs to break the case and invalidates its warranty... also it is server model battery...

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
The picture shows a sort if terminal with the 4 silver colored pin connectors. Would it be possible to use a voltmeter and test the voltage, with respect to a ground reference, and determine if there is a voltage measurement in the 12 volt range on each pin? The idea, if it seems reasonable, is to charge each individual 12 volt cell independently.
... If voltage measurements show increments of 12, 24, 36, and 48 volts, then it may be necessary to open the case and see if the 12 volt cells could be isolated for charging purposes, using switches of some type.

Last edited:

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
The picture shows a sort if terminal with the 4 silver colored pin connectors. Would it be possible to use a voltmeter and test the voltage, with respect to a ground reference, and determine if there is a voltage measurement in the 12 volt range on each pin? The idea, if it seems reasonable, is to charge each individual 12 volt cell independently.
... If voltage measurements show increments of 12, 24, 36, and 48 volts, then it may be necessary to open the case and see if the 12 volt cells could be isolated for charging purposes, using switches of some type.
NOT 12V ABSOLUTELY 48V I WAS USED IT MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MAXIMUM SPEED I CAN DISCHARGE THIS BATTERY ?

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
STOP YOU STUPID ANSWER, I WAS ABSOLUTELY KNOW IT'S 48V BATTERY, IT'S NOT USUAL BATTERY, 48v DC AND NO CENTER TAP OR SOMETHING, 2 TERMINALS FOR 48v DC (-) and 2 TERMINALS FOR 48v DC (+).... AGAIN NOT NORMAL BATTERY... AND IT'S NORMAL PURPOSE IT'S FOR DATA CENTER, ALSO EACH BATTERY IS $2000 PRICE

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
I JUST ASK WHAT'S MAXIMUM SPEED I CAN DISCHARGE AND MAXIMUM SPEED FOR CHARGE !, My question is : can I use 800 amps SMPS with same voltage to fully charged it very quickly ?, what's maximum amps can I use for charging ?, and what's maximum amps can I used to discharged this battery ?, Can I used it for 400a for only 15 mins to fully discharged (one 100ah battery) ?

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
@meowsoft you need to calm down before something bad happens. The answers to your questions can be gotten from the manufacturer of the batteries.
Yes... He is not trust me if that battery is 48v DC... but manufacturer say that's is 48v DC... and I am suspecting the internal part is 12v series, but is function is still for 48v, also I can't open that battery case due to warranty issue... and that's normal functionality is for 48v DC, it's not for 12v DC and there is no direct 12v DC connection

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes... He is not trust me if that battery is 48v DC... but manufacturer say that's is 48v DC... and I am suspecting the internal part is 12v series, but is function is still for 48v, also I can't open that battery case due to warranty issue... and that's normal functionality is for 48v DC, it's not for 12v DC and there is no direct 12v DC connection
He could be wrong, but he was trying to help. "Thanks, but there is no access to the internal cells, it only has a 48V output" would have been far better. I know you get frustrated but it ends up being very disrespectful which I don't believe you want to be.

Each of us has challenges, your frustration is often close to the surface but please do remember, no one here owes you an explanation on your terms. It is right to be thankful for any attempt to help—which is what he was trying to do—and return the generosity of the community by helping others.

You have learned a lot of things with all the different projects you have done, you have a lot of information and experience you could help others with and it would be very much appreciated.