LG 32 inch LED TV Power Supply

Muhammad Awais Akbar

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
For some reason my 32 inch led tv has no backlight although it has sound and display (flashlight tested).
I opened it up and using some online guides I tested. The power supply which seems to be working fine.
I have a doubt about LED ground pad (I assume it's ground). Can you please tell me if the common ground and Led - ve pads are supposed to be same? See the attached picture please.
As I check voltage between Body (ground) and LED +, I get 100+ volts reading but when I check between LED - and LED +, I get 8 volts. I suspect there might be problem with LED - pad. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Please post pictures of the backlighting. If they are LED strips, you are probably in the right place as these tend to have a lot of problems. You can buy replacement strips or repair the strip yourself.

Muhammad Awais Akbar

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Please post pictures of the backlighting. If they are LED strips, you are probably in the right place as these tend to have a lot of problems. You can buy replacement strips or repair the strip yourself.
I checked by applying voltage to individual strips, one strip is fully functional, one is faulty and one has one out of 7 leds not working.