LF Power Inverter "Power Jack 5000W" MOSFET board blown

muzzer

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Hi all, I'm in need of some help repairing some blown MOSFET boards on my 12VDC-220VAC inverter.

Before you all say "Powerjack are cr*p - you shouldn't have bought it" I know, but I would still like to fix this. :D

I have searched pretty much everywhere without much lucjk so far.
I have tried to source the MOSFET power boards, and they are advertisied on eBay in the 'States, but I get no reply from the seller when I ask if they ship to the UK.
The FETs (5 on each board) are UV1404R which seems to be a china-only component - does anyone know of a suitable European equivalent?
Details below:

N-Channel MOSFET
TO220 package

1-G, 2-D, 3-S

Vds=40V
Vgs=+/- 25V
Id(max)=190A
Id(pulse)=430A
Pd=230W
R(on)=2.8mOhm
Eas=1000mJ
idss=1uA
Gfs=50S
Ciss=5000pf
Coss=860pf
Td(on)=3450ns

I'm not very experienced with MOSFET parameters, and which ones might be important in an inverter switching scenario, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

muzzer

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Oh, forgot to mention I'm in the UK and the inverter was sourced from an eBay German supplier who is now non-existant :rolleyes:

JWDee

Joined Oct 27, 2019
Did you find an equivalent MOSFET that worked for you? I have the same problem and need to replace the MOSFETs in one board.

muzzer

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Hi, yes I did find one that worked.
Unfortunately I am currently working in Italy, but from memory it was an IRF520.
I will check when I get back home.

JWDee

Joined Oct 27, 2019
Hi, yes I did find one that worked.
Unfortunately I am currently working in Italy, but from memory it was an IRF520.
I will check when I get back home.
Thanks for your reply. Looking at the spec the ones that you used look under powered. I looked at RS based on your information and a data sheet that I found online and found another MOSFET that looks like it might work. I'm not too familiar with the specs and I read that you're not either. You might know more than me. I've listed a comparison on a spreadsheet that you may want to look at. I'd be intersted to know what you think.
John

Mod: Please post your spreadsheet on this Thread. E

Last edited by a moderator:

muzzer

Joined Oct 20, 2017