Lexibook Chessman Elite chessmachine with 600mA adapter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by darkpitlord, Dec 27, 2017.

1. darkpitlord

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2017
    One week ago, I bought a Lexibook Chessman Elite gc 1300 chessmachine.
    I used it with 3 batteries (1.5V) to work this computer. I decided that, I try this machine with an adapter. But, I didn't find the correct adapter that has the required specification.
    The manual said, it requires 4.5V(dc==9V) adapter with 300mA. I bought an adapter, that can supply 4.5V, but it has 600mA current.
    I can set the voltage on the adapter 3-9 V, but the amper rate is 600mA.
    If I use this computer with this adapter, will be damage the electronics of Chessman Elite or it will work fine?

Another problem, that I tried this machine with batteries. Everything works
    fine, except 1 thing. It has a Save/Off button. Sometimes when I push this Save/Off button, the computer doesn't switch off. I don't know why.
    Sometimes it switch off and sometimes cannot switch off. Is it saving the current state of a match and it's too busy or the button has no contact?

2. AlbertHall

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 4, 2014
    It will be fine with a 4.5V 600mA adaptor.
    For the switch, as this is a new item, I would suggest you take it back and get a replacement.

3. darkpitlord

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Thanks for the quick answer.
    Indeed, I bought the adaptor because of this Save/Off button problem.If I pull out the adaptor cable from it, the machine is
    swithing off :), but it is not saving to the memory, and every set up is disappearing.