Led watch circuit malfunctioned due to hand touch.

Ujwal Bhagat

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Hey, I have Just brought this cool led watch from amazon (https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B013FVS8SG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
I was guessing how it was made, so I opened it disassemble it and start it (you need to our that button on the watch to see time ) sudden the Nano led which was under my finger stop working. I was surprised. So I touched other led they also stopped working. My first thoughts were that the led burned out. To confirm it I tuned my digital multimeter to continuity testing mode and test each led. Surprisingly they were all working. Though the watch was not working. I will post pic in 15 minutes. Please help me.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Try resetting by removing the battery long enough for the circuitry to bleed off any residual voltage and reinserting. There might be a reset button, but I would advise you to avoid doing additional damage by poking around when you don't know what you're doing.

Regardless of whether it works, treat this as a life lesson to not disassemble everything you get unless you're willing to pay the consequences.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Curiosity killed the cat. Fortunately, curiosity will also teach you what not to do next time, so you don't kill the next cat.

Don't worry. 99.9% of those here have" killed a cat" once or twice before in their lives. Part of the learning process.

Ujwal Bhagat

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Try resetting by removing the battery long enough for the circuitry to bleed off any residual voltage and reinserting. There might be a reset button, but I would advise you to avoid doing additional damage by poking around when you don't know what you're doing.

Regardless of whether it works, treat this as a life lesson to not disassemble everything you get unless you're willing to pay the consequences.
I did it. It doesn't work.

Moderators note : removed commercial link

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You most likely can not repair the wires.
They are to thin and connected directly to the led crystal:

Ujwal_img_20160130_220328.jpg

Bertus

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
OK now I got the situation, when I touched the led I broke the very delicate wires from the led. Might Try to repair.
You won't be able to repair unless you have access to a bonding machine. The LEDs have 2 contacts; one on the bottom which is conductively epoxied (possibly soldered) to a pad, and one on the top that requires a bonding wire to the PC board.