LED Tube Driver Circuit - IC recommendation

Pronay

Joined Mar 19, 2016
Hi, I am working on a LED tube driver circuit (6W). The basic blocks of the circuit consists of: AC input - Bridge rectifier - EMI filtering - Buck Converter - Controller IC for Buck - Output.
Here I attached a schematic of the circuit as I am having trouble finding the controller IC, which is a 6 pin SMD, with a marking "BA 516".led tube driver 2 low resolution.jpg
I am trying to find a proper specification for this IC (as I guessed the pin configuration) to understand its operation well. I think I have found an almost similar IC named EM8822A to replace BA516.
Please do recommend some other buck driving IC similar to the configuration of BA516.
Thanks in advance.

Pronay

Joined Mar 19, 2016
I'm not sure what this, seemingly over-complicated, circuit is for but without an isolation transformer it can't be discussed here.
Yeah circuit kinda complicated at some point, I am still trying to figure out simpler modification with this circuit and its an non-isolated LED Tube lamp driver circuit.

Pronay

Joined Mar 19, 2016
  • Try the- Microchip Hv9925 chip, also your drawing is showing the supplies shorted out at pin 2.
Thanks for the suggestion, but as a matter of fact, I am looking for buck converter driver IC, while HV9925 is a whole LED driver package in itself with a smaller Iout.
. . . and I guess the shorting at pin 2 was done for current sense resistor to be grounded (I maybe wrong, some connection in this circuit doesn't make much sense to me!).