LED switch status indicator

deanspy

Joined Jul 2, 2006
Hello folks,

I have a circuit that uses a DPDT switch to choose two possible audio paths. I would like to add an LED(s) to show which path has been chosen. Yes, I could use a 3PDT switch, but I would rather not. I cannot modify the wiring of the switch, as the two paths (+ and - of a balanced microphone running phantom power) must be switched as-is.

The solution must not colour the audio in any way.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
You can try a resistor on one path going to the LED and completing circuit Since the circuit is using phantom power it should light. It may however interfere with the audio. YMMV

deanspy said:
Hello folks,

I have a circuit that uses a DPDT switch to choose two possible audio paths. I would like to add an LED(s) to show which path has been chosen. Yes, I could use a 3PDT switch, but I would rather not. I cannot modify the wiring of the switch, as the two paths (+ and - of a balanced microphone running phantom power) must be switched as-is.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
how about using 2 DPDT. the other pole to take care of the audio path and the other pole to power up your LED. that way there is no audio interference.

moz

deanspy

Joined Jul 2, 2006
Thanks people!! I'm thinking I might "merge" your thoughts and use 2 small DPDT relays controlled by a single SPST pushbutton.