Led display temperature reading

Justin20062003

Joined Jun 14, 2018
I'm looking for help on making a temperature sensor that will display to the smallest 7 segment displays I can find. So far all I've been able to find is using an arduino uno to do it but I would like a smaller footprint of the entire system if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Justin20062003

Joined Jun 14, 2018
Basically I have 1 and 1/8th inch height x 7 inches wide by 3 inches deep that I need to fit 2 temp sensors and 2 volt meters into. Kind of just thought the uno chip is to fancy for a car application

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I need to fit 2 temp sensors
Wouldn't the temperature sensors be remote?
and 2 volt meters
In addition to the two temperature displays? How big are the volt meters and what is your area budget for the temperature displays?
Kind of just thought the uno chip is to fancy for a car application
Fancy isn't the same as too large. If you know how to do it with Uno and it fits; why not use it?

Justin20062003

Joined Jun 14, 2018
Volt meters are roughly 1 inch by .5 inch display. X2

The sensors would be remote yes I'm just concerned with making all the displays fit in the dash and then not having tons of wiring running back and fourth. With the uno I'd need displays in the dash then the uno in say glovebox area and then temp sensors running all the way to trunk. I was hoping there was a way to condense it all down so that the display and the chip is in the dash together and then the only wiring running through the car would be the temp sensor probe.