learning dynamics confused on something so far.

bo huggabee

Joined Feb 24, 2021
on parallel circuits with input voltage, and multiple resistors in series, i've been struggling to understand why resistors don't simply add up. in this book it options 3 outcomes, of which don't unify. my only conclusion is that per resistor, to maintain voltage, amplitude must increase. i'm sure this is by volume of wire, ohms of wire, and by ohms of resistor. i just want to know that i'm on the right path, or i'm wrong. because its a book that is badly written to say the least. but i'm having a good time figuring it out.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
on parallel circuits with input voltage, and multiple resistors in series, i've been struggling to understand why resistors don't simply add up. in this book it options 3 outcomes, of which don't unify. my only conclusion is that per resistor, to maintain voltage, amplitude must increase. i'm sure this is by volume of wire, ohms of wire, and by ohms of resistor. i just want to know that i'm on the right path, or i'm wrong. because its a book that is badly written to say the least. but i'm having a good time figuring it out.
A picture is worth several thousand words.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Save that book for later, and read this one first:

Title: Understanding Basic Electronics, 1st Ed.
Publisher: The American Radio Relay League
ISBN: 0-87259-398-3

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I've seen this before: People don't understand why voltage doesn't seem to drop when it goes through a resistor. And that phrase in itself can be confusing as well. Like @Papabravo said, a picture paints a thousand words. So here's a picture:
1614350811540.png