LCR Pro1 Plus

SHA_S

Joined Jun 20, 2019

The Electrician, thanks! Finally, I was convinced of my suspicions about the ability of this tweezers to estimate the loss in the capacitor. Canadian engineers have yet to work on their product so that they can somehow get closer to the Russian development of the NV-14 in this parameter!

And why is it needed? Where is it used? To check the reels of such capacitors? ...
This is necessary to assess the quality of a capacitor in general.

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
Hi
I bought precision resistors and capacitors to test the new LCR meter.
Everything is alright.
Resistor 10k ohm 0.05%.
Resistor 352 ohm 0.05%.
Resistor 1.8 ohm 0.05%.

Attachments

Last edited:

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
My point of view on the meaning of measuring picofarad capacitors.I will give a very good example.
Specially made a board for testing picofarad capacitors.
Capacitors of the same type. Capacitance-1pF, with a tolerance of +/- 0.4pF.
Measuring such a difference is quite difficult, but the LCR Pro1 Plus tweezers did an excellent job.
Top grade.
7 capacitors 1pF.

Attachments

SHA_S

Joined Jun 20, 2019
My point of view on the meaning of measuring...
But the question was different.
P.S. I hope the measurement was carried out with calibration at a distance of the probes for each capacitor? Otherwise, the accuracy of such measurements, for such small containers, does not make sense.

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
LCR Pro1 Plus has very interesting capabilites when searching for a short circuit on boards in different situation.
Resistor 0.004 ohm.
7 resistors 0.004 ohm in parallel.
Checked on industrial jumpers.
4x0.0045ohm in parallel.
High-end LCR meter!

Attachments

Last edited:

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
Hi
As for in-circuit measurements, I can say that the LCR Pro1 Plus, almost impeccably and with maximum accuracy, measures the ESR of any capacitors.
It is well known that ESR measurement of polymer capacitors is particularly difficult due to the very low ESR. As can be seen from the datasheet, this is only a few milliom.
Not often there is a parallel connection of two polymer capacitors to see the capabilities of the ESR meter.
Two polymer capacitors in parallel.
https://b2b-api.panasonic.eu/file_stream/pids/fileversion/2506This fully applies to the in-circuit measurement of inductance.
Everything works like a Swiss watch.

Attachments

Last edited:

SHA_S

Joined Jun 20, 2019
Any suitable device can show in-circuit measurement of milli-ohm resistances, since usually there is nothing in the circuit to shunt them. But reliably show the loss in high-quality capacitors at frequencies of 10-100 kHz can either Russian tweezers NV-14, or a good bench-top meter. LCR Pro1 Plus is absolutely incapable of this. And the thing is apparently not in the firmware, but in the hardware.
P.S. Many would still like to see a video of at least one measurement in milli Ohm, or Femto Farad range.

SHA_S

Joined Jun 20, 2019
...Precision and high quality capacitors.
Excellent! It can be seen that there is no problem with measuring capacitances greater than 9 nF. But I would like to see a capacitance measurement in 1-4pF, at a frequency of 10-100kHz, where errors were previously observed when measuring with this device.
P.S. Many would still like to see a video of at least one measurement in milli Ohm, or Femto Farad range.

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
LCR Pro1 Plus has the unique ability to measure small inductance with maximum accuracy at a frequency of 100 kHz directly to the circuit, unmarked inductors.50nH.jpg

Last edited:

SHA_S

Joined Jun 20, 2019
Wonderful!
I would like to look at the video of this measurement, 15 seconds in duration. Very interesting!

bob2

Joined Jun 15, 2019
LCR Pro1Plus helps a lot when working with very small components. There are places where it is almost impossible to take measurements without using high-precision tips.
This primarily applies to small ceramic capacitors of small capacitance.
10pF.jpg

Last edited: