LCD display low level programing

Samantha Groves

Joined Nov 25, 2023
Im looking for a LCD display which is programed bitwise for example a 256x256 display will have 9 bits for x position and 9 bits for y position as well as power and any serial communication pins so 20-25 pins.Thanks!Also to be available in EU

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
What exactly do you mean by "bitwise" I'm guessing that you want to set the colour/brightness of a single pixel at a time? Are you looking for RGB displays or monochrome?

Samantha Groves

Joined Nov 25, 2023
What exactly do you mean by "bitwise" I'm guessing that you want to set the colour/brightness of a single pixel at a time? Are you looking for RGB displays or monochrome?
RGB and your guess is correct.Thanks for helping me out and investing in time.

Samantha Groves

Joined Nov 25, 2023

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You are unlikely to find an LCD with a single bit interface because it would be far too slow. However, you can create your own single bit interface in software built upon the existing hardware interface.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Is there anything better?For example Im very good at working with a 4 wire resistive touchscreen without microcontroller where you read the position as a analog voltage signal so I guess is there a grid of leds honestly?
Optical sensing is out of date. They now use high resolution sensing with resistive, capacitive, acoustic wave sensing.