LC Step transient response

Bharath12

Joined Nov 15, 2018
Hello, I want to obtain the amplitude of the LC circuit while oscillating at natural response. I am new to this so I am unable to get it. I have performed a transient analysis of LC circuit by providing step input in ltspice and now I want to obtain the amplitude at which the circuit is oscillating at natural frequency. Can you guys please help me out with it.

Attachments

Bharath12

Joined Nov 15, 2018
I can see the amplitude in this waveform. But I want the amplitude on a certain node so that when I export the netlist i can obtain the amplitude. from that node.
Did you understand my question?
I am bad at explianing sorry.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
On that circuit there are only two nodes, n001 and n002, both waveforms are on the posted plot image.

I don't fully understand what you are asking, could you give an example?
E

Bharath12

Joined Nov 15, 2018
When I export the netlist, I will have the nodes and voltage sources but not the voltage at node n002. I need that to be written onto the netlist.

Bharath12

Joined Nov 15, 2018
Actually I am working with ANSYS and LTSPICE together. I want to import the values from LTSPICE and provide the amplitude as input in ANSYS.
Thank you for your time Eric

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
You can use the .MEASURE command to get the amplitude, but the answer appears in the Error Log, not the Netlist.
hi alec,
Already done that, but TS wants it auto listed in the netlist.

Directive .meas V(n002)
v(n002)= 1 from 0 to 1

Eric

12, Use .meas V(n002) then View Error log

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi 12,
I guess you know that a real Inductor will have some resistance value, if you make it 1R, the damped response is as per this plot.
E
AA1 15-Nov-18 12.45.gif

Bharath12

Joined Nov 15, 2018
Thanks, But it didnt solve my problem. I cannot add a resistor to the circuit as I want the sinusoidal wave itself and not damped wave