LC circuit using Schmitt Trigger( Inverter ) and OPAmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpL0siV3Man79

Joined Jun 4, 2018
Well I am trying to make an LC base circuit that emmits a square wave ... I came up with this idea and I want to know if it's working or not... The thing is that I dont have most of the electronics needed for the project and I need to buy them to test it in real life . So...before i proceed to buying the electronics , can anyone inform me if the circuit is right? Please take into account that I have minimal electronics experience and I came here to learn some stuff and experiment with some projects . Here is the link for the simulation : http://tinyurl.com/y9p67o6u . Many Thanks :)

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
An LTspice simulation says it should work. However, the capacitor needs to be a non-polarised type and the inductor needs to be able to pass about 40mA without saturating.
If you merely want a square-wave, it would be easier (and cheaper) to use an RC-based circuit using just a Schmitt inverter gate (e.g. CD40106), a resistor and a capacitor.

ExpL0siV3Man79

Joined Jun 4, 2018
Well I want to transmit radio waves with my device but an RC Schmitt trigger doesn't have the negative voltage part...Can both methods transmit radio waves? If not , which method can ?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Are you aware that radio transmitters are required to operate in specific frequency bands to be legal? Generating a square wave will produce a lot of harmonics of the fundamental frequency which will be detectable by the authorities and could interfere with legitimate users of the radio spectrum, e.g. emergency services, heart pace-maker patients etc.
Why do you want a transmitter?

ExpL0siV3Man79

Joined Jun 4, 2018
I dont worry about the authorities because nobody lives near my house at a range of 10 km . I dont think that such a small device can have that much of a range . I want to experiment with rf just for fun . I am on vacation and the weather is really really bad this week and I am just trying to find something interesting to keep me busy ...:/

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Man79,
Could you post your location.
E

This device contravenes the T&C's of AAC, Thread Closed. Moderation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.