LC circuit does it work ?

Hi,

The circuit that you show has a resistor, so it's not merely a pure LC circuit. It's like an RLC circuit.
I think the power source is not well placed there.
But first:
Where will you be using this circuit? What's its purpose?

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
No, it won't work. There is no active device to sustain the oscillations. You just can't add a battery to an LC circuit and expect oscillations.

ExpL0siV3Man79

Joined Jun 4, 2018
I make such a circuit because I want to learn a few stuff about electric oscillations . I asked for your help because the circuits that I found online were too complicated for me . I am interested in creating a sine wave . What modifications do I have to make so the cirquit works both in the simulator and the real world?

ExpL0siV3Man79

Joined Jun 4, 2018
thank you so much for your help:) ! Also I thought that maybe I would be able to plug an antenna into the circuit . If so , where am I gonna plug it to ? Btw I am using the LC pattern because I am interested in learning abut LC oscillators not the other ones

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
thank you so much for your help:) ! Also I thought that maybe I would be able to plug an antenna into the circuit . If so , where am I gonna plug it to ? Btw I am using the LC pattern because I am interested in learning abut LC oscillators not the other ones
So you want to build a radio transmitter then?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007