Last Night's UFO Show

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Anybody watch last nights UFO show with Josh Gates?
It is either weird or interesting but if you did watch it what do you think?

The Air Force and Navy have come out with videos showing UFO's which they now call UAP's. They are saying some pretty strange stuff. Could we be on the brink of first contact or is this just some large scale BS?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I am not going to abandon the laws of physics over grainy way over-zoomed images on a monitor. If something behaves in ways that are impossible for a physical object, It a s not a physical object. Duh.

Bob

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
I watched it and was pretty disappointed with the total lack of new information.

Mostly, I watch these kinds of shows for entertainment, but was hoping for something different.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I think we already made contact and they are conditioning the public to accept the fact that we are not alone.
That's what some people say, i tend to go with the less confident like "Dr. O" who knows a lot about space and physics and says the same thing i would say, that i just dont have the data available to me to make any clear decision.

Another view is that since we dont have enough data yet, it probably wont not help to even have more data if nothing else will ever come of it, so might as well wait it out. If there is something there, we will eventually find out i think.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I am not going to abandon the laws of physics over grainy way over-zoomed images on a monitor. If something behaves in ways that are impossible for a physical object, It a s not a physical object. Duh.

Bob
You do not have to abandon the laws of physics you just have to look into quantum weirdness to see that we dont have everything yet so the "laws of physics" are just temporary. As we learn more about quantum physics we will be able to do things that never seemed possible in a million years.

Like you and Dr. O. i long for more data also. Until then the images dont do me any good except as a curiosity. What was interesting about this is that they said they can prove some fo those tings are really physical objects. That is based on multiple sensors not just a video. i think that is better but still not quite there for me yet.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I watched it and was pretty disappointed with the total lack of new information.

Mostly, I watch these kinds of shows for entertainment, but was hoping for something different.
Yes i was bugged too after 3 stretched out hours of repeated promises of something great to come.
But then if you watch other Josh Gates shows, most of his stuff never amounts to anything in the end, although some of it does. So was very disappointed also.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You do not have to abandon the laws of physics you just have to look into quantum weirdness to see that we dont have everything yet so the "laws of physics" are just temporary.
Quantum mechanics did not overturn the laws of conservation of energy or momentum. There are limits to what any new laws might be discovered.

There is zero evidence that any extraterrestrials or technology unknown to us has been observed. This has remained the situation since the the very first “sightings.”

Bob

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Quantum mechanics did not overturn the laws of conservation of energy or momentum. There are limits to what any new laws might be discovered.
It, to me , is highly improbable that the things we know "so far" about physics are the total of physics. Look at some of the old and not even so old books on physics, much that we now know aren't in there. Also what is to say that the whole universe has the same physics?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I don’t know how anyone is getting from my statement that we have no evidence support visits by extraterrestrials or unknown technology to the assumption that I think physics is complete and we are alone in the universe.

There is compelling evidence that physics is incomplete. The incompatibility of QM and General Relativity is one. Another is the anomalous rotation curves of galaxies that leads the the conjecture of dark matter.

And, yes it very likely their are other intelligent beings in the universe.

Neither one or these is evidence for extraterrestrial visits or unknown technology causing unexplained images on a radar screen.

Bob

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Neither one or these is evidence for extraterrestrial visits or unknown technology causing unexplained images on a radar screen.

Bob
Funny last episode of SkinWalker Ranch shows a video 3 days after lighting up a huge Tesla Coil in an area with conductive soil. Talk about weird moving objects.

kv

Edit: Snake like movement with Contrail.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014

There is zero evidence that any extraterrestrials or technology unknown to us has been observed. This has remained the situation since the the very first “sightings.”

Bob
Yes but QM is a good example of how drastically things can change. Quantum entanglement, non locality, etc., just an example not that it is complete yet either.
There are theories on the two slit experiment that neatly explain what is happening. The only problem is, they cant explain other 'weirdnesses' about QM.
Also, you are thinking in terms of 'today;, the here and now, but we cant know what the future will bring. We cant be sure of anything not even conservation laws. Just because we know nothing better doesnt mean we never will.
See this is the same argument as the UFO argument, "do they exist or not". This argument is, "Will physics change in more ways than we ever could have imagined:. QM has proved that it can, and it's not just a little, it's a whole new ballgame. QM does not have to trump classical physics entirely, it just has to indicate that there are things that are so different than what we could have known before that, and QM is still rather new. What took place with another civilization in the last million years. if they were where we are now a million years ago, think of where they could be today.
One of my guesses in this area is we will attain better control over gravity and inertia, exactly what we may be seeing in these sightings. There may be no way around some laws, but there are a lot of ways to come up with tricks that may make it seem like we did.

Still i am one who demands more facts. I need something more concrete than dots on a screen and images of things that can be made out very well. We have people who get into this stuff for the fame and because they author books about these things and want to sell them. That's the downside to any smudgy proofs. We need clarity. So far it has been like a circus with that particular night Josh being the ringmaster.

Another sad point is that exactly everything we have come to know so far is hearsay.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
He is an actor with multiple PhD's
Aren't we all?
10 years ago never on the television screen.
20 years ago heresy!
Shall I continue?
You're Avatar is a cute little monster but a monster nonetheless
He says he has a "degree in archeology" at the beginning of some of his shows.
Granted, some of his shows are very good, but he has that tendency to try to keep the viewers watching by penning phrases like, "Keep watching folks you wont want to miss this next amazing thing", and like, "You wont believe this next clip coming up", and stuff like that which gets very very old as time goes on. What are we all complete idiots who cant decide if we want to keep watching or not? If we are watching in the first place we already have a reason for doing so.
But the UFO show, although interesting to hear that more people are getting more serous about figuring out what is going on, we still dont have enough good data to work with yet so i want to know who to contact to get those 3 hours of my life back :) or at least 2.5 hours back as that show could have easily been condensed into 1/2 hour.
As far as real evidence, if they really believe something is out there violating our airspace then i would think they would set up observation units that could monitor parts of the sky and figure out what kind of equipment that would be able to capture full close up images of these things, not little dots on the screen.
At one point there was a tiny tiny dot on the screen with a little box around it and the people doing the video were making a big deal about it. Geeze, if that is all you can do is lock on to a little dot then you better go into retirement (ha ha). We need detail, very badly, in order to truly sort this out. We might even need high resolution photos or videos where we can even see the surface imperfections or other anomalies about the 'crafts' that are supposedly being photographed. We need more detail that's all there is too it.
It would also be nice to see the future shows on this hosted by someone other than a game show host. Reminds me of that scene in the very first Ghostbusters movie where Sigourney Weaver tells Bill Murrey "You dont seem like a scientist you seem more like a game show host" (har har).

Oh did you mean my avatar? That's an image very similar to "God" on South Park. They use that character to represent the Almighty God in some scenes in some episodes. I thought it was so hilarious and also very cute and even lovable. It's like a little rat with a hippo-like face and you can just see part of the tail on the right side. It's my own drawing although it looks similar. I was also thinking of doing a 3d image.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
He says he has a "degree in archeology" at the beginning of some of his shows.
Granted, some of his shows are very good, but he has that tendency to try to keep the viewers watching by penning phrases like, "Keep watching folks you wont want to miss this next amazing thing", and like, "You wont believe this next clip coming up", and stuff like that which gets very very old as time goes on. What are we all complete idiots who cant decide if we want to keep watching or not? If we are watching in the first place we already have a reason for doing so.
But the UFO show, although interesting to hear that more people are getting more serous about figuring out what is going on, we still dont have enough good data to work with yet so i want to know who to contact to get those 3 hours of my life back :) or at least 2.5 hours back as that show could have easily been condensed into 1/2 hour.
As far as real evidence, if they really believe something is out there violating our airspace then i would think they would set up observation units that could monitor parts of the sky and figure out what kind of equipment that would be able to capture full close up images of these things, not little dots on the screen.
At one point there was a tiny tiny dot on the screen with a little box around it and the people doing the video were making a big deal about it. Geeze, if that is all you can do is lock on to a little dot then you better go into retirement (ha ha). We need detail, very badly, in order to truly sort this out. We might even need high resolution photos or videos where we can even see the surface imperfections or other anomalies about the 'crafts' that are supposedly being photographed. We need more detail that's all there is too it.
It would also be nice to see the future shows on this hosted by someone other than a game show host. Reminds me of that scene in the very first Ghostbusters movie where Sigourney Weaver tells Bill Murrey "You dont seem like a scientist you seem more like a game show host" (har har).

Oh did you mean my avatar? That's an image very similar to "God" on South Park. They use that character to represent the Almighty God in some scenes in some episodes. I thought it was so hilarious and also very cute and even lovable. It's like a little rat with a hippo-like face and you can just see part of the tail on the right side. It's my own drawing although it looks similar. I was also thinking of doing a 3d image.

wonder what do you mean by a good show ?

David Blane does a great show,
https://www.youtube.com/user/davidblaine

as did the late Prof Eric laithwait

but very different,

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
That’s a great old fashioned demonstration. Going back to my high school experience as the class assistant I have always enjoyed these. That was in 1970 when the backroom was filled with geiger counters given to us by the government. Turns out they were useless in the big war since they were calibrated to react to common minerals and radium watches. In a real nuclear war they would be maxed out buzzing like crazy in the case of even a distant attack. But the citizens would not trust the meters if they just sat there under normal situations. I wish I had stolen one of those when I graduated just to have a piece of history. Although I see some for sale on the internet.