Laser razor...

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I'm no laser expert, but I smell a rat (and burnt hair) here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34516907
I doubt the thing has enough power to burn hair, or even make it warm.

People are like crows: they are endlessly fascinated by bright, shiny objects. Very likely, the availability of super-cheap Chinese ultrabright LEDs in a wide range of colors and in huge quantities will soon spawn a brand-new New Age movement similar to the Crystal craze and Pyramid Power lunacy that emerged in the 1980's. Dedicated to feverishly promoting the magical curative powers of little blinking lights, these idiots will be positively insufferable.

P. T. Barnum lives.
Compared to today's environment, P. T. Barnum lived in an age of enlightened skepticism. He had NO IDEA of the large numbers of utter drooling morons that would be running around loose at the dawn of the 21st century.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Very likely, the availability of super-cheap Chinese ultrabright LEDs in a wide range of colors and in huge quantities will soon spawn a brand-new New Age movement similar to the Crystal craze and Pyramid Power lunacy that emerged in the 1980's. Dedicated to feverishly promoting the magical curative powers of little blinking lights, these idiots will be positively insufferable.
Very likely... soon spawn..?

https://www.igrowlaser.com

And hundreds more. Somehow, red LEDs can be called lasers and not only can they be used to grow hair, other devices use red LEDs to stop hair growth.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
/begin rant/

All makers of questionable "Laser" based products say something like "FDA-cleared laser".

Note that this is different than saying FDA approved. When you make a product that has the potential for damaging eyes, you fill a form that documents how you are protecting the user from too bright a light. The FDA then "clears" you product for sale. Clearance does NOT say that your product works.

Any company that advertises that their device is FDA cleared is intentionally stretching the truth to the level of fraud.

/end rant/