laptop

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
No worse than the ones who show a picture of a PCB with the traces damaged and ask for instructions for connecting a cable for the remote volume control. Or show us the end of a cable and ask for connection instructions.
What I miss is the previous format that gave a participants claimed job and location. That enabled me to know what resources they might have available.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No worse than the ones who show a picture of a PCB with the traces damaged and ask for instructions for connecting a cable for the remote volume control. Or show us the end of a cable and ask for connection instructions.
What I miss is the previous format that gave a participants claimed job and location. That enabled me to know what resources they might have available.
Do any of us still have jobs? I might have had one long long ago. My memory is getting fuzzy.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Do any of us still have jobs? I might have had one long long ago. My memory is getting fuzzy.
I still have my consulting and repair business. No slowdown that I can see, at least for me. Less profit but not a lot less. The big project is helping one business recover from a disaster that damaged the building, possibly beyond repair. ( a subjective analysis if there ever was one.) and the insurance companies moving much slower than glaciers.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I still have my consulting and repair business. No slowdown that I can see, at least for me. Less profit but not a lot less. The big project is helping one business recover from a disaster that damaged the building, possibly beyond repair. ( a subjective analysis if there ever was one.) and the insurance companies moving much slower than glaciers.
Yikes! May you live in interesting times.