Lamp Handball Problem

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
If you post a clear picture like mine than more people would be able to help.

The 7 segment must count the score when the player loses and misses the ball not every players turn.
To get the correct conditions to step the score counter is not easy. In my schematic, I used the Q0 output on the left 74194 and the player A button to step the wining counter of player B but not successful.

I was thinking of using timing of the Q0 and Q1 to come up with the correct logic but I havent tried it out yet.

1st when the game starts the ball is already in the first L.E.D it must be not seen until the service is done
I think this is the inherent problem as the designer wanted to cut down number of chips. If you are able to get a "one bit universal shift register" then you can put it on both sides of the 74194 to store the logic "1" when the start button is pressed. So the whole circuit would be like a 10 bit shift register with only 8 LEDs connected.

Or better still, you can add 1 more "4 bit shift register" on each side of the existing 74194 and join them as 16 bit universal shift register but left out the first and last LED.

Allen

Attachments

Last edited:

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
I was thinking of using timing of the Q0 and Q1 to come up with the correct logic but I havent tried it out yet.
I've Already tried that but still unsuccessful.

I think this is the inherent problem as the designer wanted to cut down number of chips. If you are able to get a "one bit universal shift register" then you can put it on both sides of the 74194 to store the logic "1" when the start button is pressed. So the whole circuit would be like a 10 bit shift register with only 8 LEDs connected.
I'm not sure I can do this. I'm already getting confuse on my connections.
thanks guys for trying to help me but if I can't do it. I'll just pass whatever I have done.

I think the circuit is done the problem I've encounter are the main issues on that circuit design that need to be solve by the next designer planning to do that Pingpong game.

I'm giving up :( I can't finish it.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
can u upload a clearer image of the schem diagram
Kris, you generally have to quote a member's post to hopefully notify them that you are interested in their thread.
If they have not turned on email notifications, you may never hear from them. The last time tis member made a post was January.

I've Already tried that but still unsuccessful.

I'm not sure I can do this. I'm already getting confuse on my connections.
thanks guys for trying to help me but if I can't do it. I'll just pass whatever I have done.

I think the circuit is done the problem I've encounter are the main issues on that circuit design that need to be solve by the next designer planning to do that Pingpong game.

I'm giving up :( I can't finish it.

Kris, you generally have to quote a member's post to hopefully notify them that you are interested in their thread.
If they have not turned on email notifications, you may never hear from them. The last time tis member made a post was January.
is this working without microcontroller? and how does the score will be output on the counter circuit

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
is this working without microcontroller? and how does the score will be output on the counter circuit
Who knows, look at the date of this thread. I was just letting you know that you are trying to raise the dead. The people that had this conversation have been away from it for a while and will have to start refreshing themselves from scratch once they see this thread again. Why don't you open a new thread to discuss your topic and your version of a schematic to make one. There is no right or wrong answer, there are so many ways to design and build a project like this. Chances are a Moderator will come along shortly to tell you the same thing - this site doesn't take kindly to highjacking so you may as well start your own thread and reference this one.

umer ch

Joined Jul 8, 2020
Guys I'm almost done with the Pingpong game circuit I just have 3 problems

1st when the game starts the ball is already in the first L.E.D it must be not seen until the service is done

2nd when the player switch the service and turn on the other start button for service and close the other the game doesn't start even you click the serve button

and lastly the score.. The 7 segment must count the score when the player loses and misses the ball not every players turn.

guys can you help me finish it.. please I need your help badly.
can you share its state diagram and simplification with all of us???