Lambda power supply question

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
I just acquired a Lambda LQ-532 power supply but I haven't received it yet. I was looking at the schematic for the LQ-530 series and see that all of the semiconductors are listed with proprietary numbers on the schematic. Does anyone here know if the actual semiconductors are marked with the proprietary numbers or are they stamped with standard industry numbers. For example the schematic list a transistor with the Lambda number "FBN-L199" I'm wondering if it is actually stamped with say a "2N3904", an industry standard designation, instead of the Lambda number?

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Last time I saw a schematic like that, there was also a key that went with it. The list of part numbers was translated into regular part numbers.

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
Last time I saw a schematic like that, there was also a key that went with it. The list of part numbers was translated into regular part numbers.
The only schematic I have is one I found online and it had no such cross reference. I have done further searching and so far, no cross referencing.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you search on that number you gave, you can find the specs for the part, for example here. Not easy but it's there.

I think the parts actually installed on the board will have normal numbers, NOT the Lambda numbers. The PCB may be marked with those, however.

Robert Dorr

Joined Apr 6, 2015
If you search on that number you gave, you can find the specs for the part, for example here. Not easy but it's there.

I think the parts actually installed on the board will have normal numbers, NOT the Lambda numbers. The PCB may be marked with those, however.

Thanks, that's what I really wanted to know. I have found cross reference information to some of the proprietary numbers that Lambda shows on their schematic but it would be so much better if the parts themselves are already marked with industry standard JEDEC numbers.