KiCad Users - Latest news

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Personally I see nothing in the intro that can be perceived or to be defined as Puffery?
For such an extensive piece of S/W that is provided for free, I commend those that have provided it for us, Gratis.:cool:
Max...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Personally I see nothing in the intro that can be perceived or to be defined as Puffery?
For such an extensive piece of S/W that is provided for free, I commend those that have provided it for us, Gratis.:cool:
Max...
Really? Nothing puffery? How about if I showed you a review of (the fictitious) MiraclePCB that started off that same way regarding their lead designer Jerry? Nothing but grandiose claims and adulations; I see a lead-in like that and I start looking for where they also solve male pattern baldness. Now, it may well be that the article backs up those claims and justifies those adulations, but there's no shortage of reviews about all kinds of products and companies that do nothing but make unsubstantiated claims knowing that some segment of the population will simply believe the hype merely because the hype was thrown at them. It's also a common hallmark of scammers and snake oil salesmen. Again, that doesn't say that it IS a puff piece, merely that the lead in that we are teased with presents like one.

bogosort

Joined Sep 24, 2011
So shouldn't that be 11? :confused:
For any positive real number x, x is written as 10 in base-x. So, the punchline to the joke "There are 10 types of people in the world" can be finished with any number of things. Restricting it to the base-2 case is missing the bigger, even nerdier point that the base-2 version is trying to make.