Johnson treadmill motor controller JDYF02L

Journey11

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Hi Max ... so happy I found you. I was reading here at this old posting about Johnson Fitness power board and I need some help if you can.
Link : https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ol-board-johnson-fitness-jdyf02l-revg.110355/
At first I thought my UC3842 was cooked ... it has a very odd crater like mark on it but removed and built test circuit and is fine ... bought a new one anyway. What I found next is Q6 (beside Q7) is cooked ... so would you happen to know what those part numbers are ? Closest I can see on the smd marking (A6 for Q7) is it's a N chan mosfet ... but who knows. The marking on Q6 is completely gone and Q7 has BBH and A6 on it. It was described in that post that these two Q6 and Q7 are a set of push pull transistors ... I also removed Q7 to test it and it doesn't read like a mosfet should ... could use yer help there master.

Journey11

Journey11

Joined Sep 28, 2021
You also mentioned you may have some schematics for some of these brds mine happens to be JDYF02L Rev f but I saw that the g rev is nearly identical as I'm sure others are very similar as well.

Journey11

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Hi again Max,
Last week when I found this forum and this thread ...
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ol-board-johnson-fitness-jdyf02l-revg.110355/
I remember finding a post from someone who had done a block diagram like schematic where he traced the pwm signal from the Q4 FET to Q6, Q7 .. back thru U8 and U7 ... to opto then to U2 .... I cannot find it there anymore. I thout I saved it but cannot find.
Maybe you saved a copy ? Repost if U can.
Barring that ... I need to confirm the Q6 and Q7 placements or rather which is the PNP and NPN ?
From memory of that partial schematic I found and when I removed them that Q7 is the PNP (BBH) part abd Q6 is NPN (BCH)
Is this correct ?

Abib Asfaw

Joined Nov 17, 2021
Hi again Max,
Last week when I found this forum and this thread ...
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...ol-board-johnson-fitness-jdyf02l-revg.110355/
I remember finding a post from someone who had done a block diagram like schematic where he traced the pwm signal from the Q4 FET to Q6, Q7 .. back thru U8 and U7 ... to opto then to U2 .... I cannot find it there anymore. I thout I saved it but cannot find.
Maybe you saved a copy ? Repost if U can.
Barring that ... I need to confirm the Q6 and Q7 placements or rather which is the PNP and NPN ?
From memory of that partial schematic I found and when I removed them that Q7 is the PNP (BBH) part abd Q6 is NPN (BCH)
Is this correct ?
Hello if you find the schematic drawing please send me

thanks

Kanuckle

Joined Mar 20, 2022
I’m crossposting this.
Hi, have a Horizon CT83 with JDYF02L Rev g and 2.5Hp motor.
Will run for various amounts of time and then display will just shut down.
Sometimes it will come alive again and allow for operation.
Also noted that display can take up to 20seconds to light up after first connecting power.

I pulled controller board and did not find anything obvious.
All diodes appear ok but replaced main FET and “sinked” diode thinking something might be weak.
Same behaviour…runs for a bit then display shuts down.

I do not expect motor thermal problem, as it can happen while it sits (not running belt).
Reading thread, im unsure if the uP is getting all feedbacks and not enabling ”system”.

appreciate any assistance.
Steve