JK Flip flops

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thank you for help. At the begining I have written that I don't need only results...
Can you now relate the state diagram to the behavioral description I gave you? Depending on the JK inputs and the current state there are exactly four things that can happen. This is confirmed by the four arcs that exit each of the two states the device can be in. Can you draw the Moore machine where the output is only a function of the state?

thexy

Joined Dec 13, 2015
Can you now relate the state diagram to the behavioral description I gave you? Depending on the JK inputs and the current state there are exactly four things that can happen. This is confirmed by the four arcs that exit each of the two states the device can be in. Can you draw the Moore machine where the output is only a function of the state?
I think no..

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you for help. At the begining I have written that I don't need only results...
Yes, which is good. But had we just walked you through the solution, there is a good chance that you would have genuinely thought that you understood it, but then when it came time for you to actually do it on a test you might not have been able to. It's an oddity of how the human mind works -- seeing something done is simply not the same as struggling to do it yourself. A different set of neurons is involved and the crossover isn't as complete as we like to think.

thexy

Joined Dec 13, 2015
Yes, which is good. But had we just walked you through the solution, there is a good chance that you would have genuinely thought that you understood it, but then when it came time for you to actually do it on a test you might not have been able to. It's an oddity of how the human mind works -- seeing something done is simply not the same as struggling to do it yourself. A different set of neurons is involved and the crossover isn't as complete as we like to think.
I have practiced on three similiar examples and I got good results, but I think Im not able to draw this picture only if i have j and k

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You can establish some behavioral definitions to help you remember:
  1. If J=0, then set output Q, to K. K must be either 0 or 1.
  2. If J=1 AND K=0, Hold the present state and output, i.e. Do nothing.
  3. If J=1 AND K=1, Toggle (complement) the state and the output.