Hello,
I am trying to understand how a JFET(junction field effect transistor works).
In the attached picture.
I know that a JFET is a basically a channel of semiconductor material, doped to contain an abundance of positive charge carriers or holes (p-type), or of negative carriers or electrons (n-type) and the flow of electric charge through a JFET is controlled by constricting the current-carrying channel but i do not understand the following points:
In what consist and how appear the depletion regions and why does the depletion region does not have uniform width?
In which case the closure of the channel occur?(Id=0 A)
Thanks
I am trying to understand how a JFET(junction field effect transistor works).
In the attached picture.
I know that a JFET is a basically a channel of semiconductor material, doped to contain an abundance of positive charge carriers or holes (p-type), or of negative carriers or electrons (n-type) and the flow of electric charge through a JFET is controlled by constricting the current-carrying channel but i do not understand the following points:
In what consist and how appear the depletion regions and why does the depletion region does not have uniform width?
In which case the closure of the channel occur?(Id=0 A)
Thanks
Attachments
-
30 KB Views: 60
Last edited: