Jetbrains Rider add library

Samantha Groves

Joined Nov 25, 2023
Hello I want to add the library SimpleWifi in a project on JetBrains Rider.I have installed the library (.zip) and have extracted the files into a folder.Now there are a bunch of files in it the ones with extension .cs?

1703468945135.png

I am working first time with Rider , I know that in VS there is a much simpler layout with checkboxes on which libraries to add.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Hello I want to add the library SimpleWifi in a project on JetBrains Rider.I have installed the library (.zip) and have extracted the files into a folder.Now there are a bunch of files in it the ones with extension .cs?

View attachment 310825

I am working first time with Rider , I know that in VS there is a much simpler layout with checkboxes on which libraries to add.
You mentioned .cs files which implies this is .Net code, so what follows pertains to that.

I'd expect you add a library reference in the UI, I don't use Rider but I'm sure it's pretty similar. This is Visual Studio's Solution Explorer Windows, and I've invoked the add operation:

1703608657292.png

Since the advent of .Net Core (they recently dropped the 'Core' term) which is now simply known as .Net 8 you can also just textually edit the project file:

1703608793659.png

All external references are within the <ItemGroup> tags and you can easily add entries that way too, if you add through the UI it will also appear in that project file and if you add through the project file it will also appear in the UI, either way is fine.

Rider will differ here and there but will likely be very similar.