I've see threads locked but i've never seen them deleted...

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The common usage of it over here is destroyed, or at least mostly destroyed. It will eventually become the definition of it. Shame really, because the clue is in the word decimated, like decimal, decathalon, decahedron, December (used to be the 10th month).

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
To the best of my knowledge ,when the Vatican was formed as being a self government.

It was in the 1930's ,that the church agreed to form the Vatican letting Italy form

a government. Maybe someone can correct this information.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I've often wondered what the difference is between being terminated with extreme prejudice and being terminated without any prejudice at all. :rolleyes:

It's sort of like the difference between being banned from a forum and being banned plus having all evidence of you having ever been there removed along with it.

You really had to mess with a moderator's power trip to get the second one done to you! (I've only ever managed it once.) :eek:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The only moderator that even came close to what some would call a "power trip" would be the author of why a topic is not allowed. He is correct in not allowing such nonsense. Who thought he was on a power trip? Everyone who was attempting to violate the rule by posting a topic non-gratis.

I'm sure he is smiling from heaven as he keeps a watchful eye on these forums, knowing junk science is still a topic non-gratis.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So how does that work if say I had some information related to a persons project that did fall close to a topic not allowed here?

Say someone is needing help with working out or simplifying the electronics behind a modern EFI emissions compliant engine being refit to a special application like an off road buggy or a hot rod refit into a old tractor or classic vehicle being that swaps like that are rather common and the original engine controls and emissions related systems no longer apply to the refit?

Just curious being I know quite a bit about modding emissions systems and repurposing/redesigning vehicle engine controls to work with alternative fuels and non stock applications.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So how does that work if say I had some information related to a persons project that did fall close to a topic not allowed here?

Say someone is needing help with working out or simplifying the electronics behind a modern EFI emissions compliant engine being refit to a special application like an off road buggy or a hot rod refit into a old tractor or classic vehicle being that swaps like that are rather common and the original engine controls and emissions related systems no longer apply to the refit?

Just curious being I know quite a bit about modding emissions systems and repurposing/redesigning vehicle engine controls to work with alternative fuels and non stock applications.
I am not a moderator but, based on experience, that lock symbol will show up instantly. Best bet for that, find another forum.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is indeed a verboten subject here, and the thread will be locked. My responses (and the other mods) will refer them to other sites, including ETO.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011

My recommendation for such situations would be to contact the member by other means (not over the site--whether through threads or via PM). Perhaps have them send you their email address and you can discuss it there, or speak with them on another forum. I think the important thing is that the topic not be discussed here at AAC.

Regards,
Matt