I've given up on Firefox

Can you explain? FF supports WebRTC.
WebRtc is readily and effectively disabled in Firefox via negation of the "media.peerconnection.enabled" preference...

There is, however, no effective means of disabling WebRtc in Chrome -- Moreover most (if not all) plugins claiming to do so are, nonetheless, unable to unconditionally prevent leakage of one's public IP...

Best regards
HP:)

Today was the day that FireFox has had its last ride on my PC.
I'm sick of the crashes and extremely slow browse.

Loved Netscape (before AOL purchase), and then FireFox (since the early 2000's).
But now it operates in a pitiful (i.e. IE like) manner.

I give up! Chrome to the rescue!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

Loved Netscape (before AOL purchase), and then FireFox (since the early 2000's).

Good for you... I'm about to give up on Windows as well...

@Shockin_Jim

Are/were you running Ghostery with your FF installation? --- Please be advised that said extension became little more than malware beginning with version 6 -- Many FF users have experienced difficulty (including security issues) following the auto-install of 'the new' Ghostery (to the extent that Mozilla is now considering dropping it from its list of trusted plugins) --- Should you discover that Ghostery is indeed the problem, you may uninstall then reinstall a version previous to V6.0 from Mozilla's site -- the functionality of earlier versions remains intact - for the nonce:)

Best regards and good luck
HP:)

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
I've just had it with Firefox... the thing just keeps crashing in my Win7 OS whenever I open pages like youtube or some other place with a high content of media.
I didn't want to, but now I'm using Chrome, which is far more stable and faster too... it's a shame, because I've always liked Mozilla's focus on independence and progressiveness...

RIP Firefox... you will be sorely missed.
Not sure if "FF Crash" means the same as "Computer Freeze when using FF".

I had this annoying problem of Computer Freezing randomly for a minute or two when browsing with Firefox since Win7 was installed. I followed a hint a the Website (I don't remember which one...) which said
Tools > Options > Advanced: Unselect the "Use hardware acceleration when available".
Problem Solved.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
mmmmhhh... arrrgggghhhhh!!!!! what the hell is wrong with the people that developed Google Chrome!!??? :mad:
the stupid thing doesn't support Java anymore! there are plenty of sites out there that use java for their interfaces... why on earth would they drop it?

mmmmhhh... arrrgggghhhhh!!!!! what the hell is wrong with the people that developed Google Chrome!!??? :mad:
the stupid thing doesn't support Java anymore! there are plenty of sites out there that use java for their interfaces... why on earth would they drop it?
In light of Java's ongoing security issues, that may (ultimately) be one Google 'got right' (albeit, I'm certain, for the wrong reasons:rolleyes:) -- Cold comfort indeed for Google product users in the short term:(

Best regards
HP

Joined Nov 30, 2010
As I mentioned earlier in this Thread, Avast Anti-virus had a problem with Firefox...for a while. Now it's fixed.
Now I'm finding webpages so full of advertising that you have 6 videos running by the time you have 3 tabs open, with no sound, so you can't easily see why the mouse quit working. I have taken up the habit of keeping Task Manager open so I can see when the "busy" graph pegs. Then I go from page to page pausing videos and go to Task Manager and stop any Flash Players from running.

Adblock Plus just fixed the running video problems.:p

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
As I mentioned earlier in this Thread, Avast Anti-virus had a problem with Firefox...for a while. Now it's fixed.
Now I'm finding webpages so full of advertising that you have 6 videos running by the time you have 3 tabs open, with no sound, so you can't easily see why the mouse quit working. I have taken up the habit of keeping Task Manager open so I can see when the "busy" graph pegs. Then I go from page to page pausing videos and go to Task Manager and stop any Flash Players from running.

Adblock Plus just fixed the running video problems.:p
oh no... please don't tell me you've been clicking ". xxx" links again! :p

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I have to using two browsers, because the sound in my chrome had interrupt sound, it's quite strange, so I have to watching the video in firefox, but when I open the firefox, it is keeps crashing, even I restart or turn off the computer also the same, so I uninstall and reinstall the firefox and it is ok now, my system is xp3.