ISO header for radio control receiver

Electrocub82

Joined Aug 13, 2020
I am etching a pc board that I will be using with a RC receiver. I would like to find a header with 3 rows of 7 pins each 1mm spacing. The header would need to be female since there are pins on the receiver. I would like the pins that solder onto the board to be a 90 degree angle (okay captain obvious) The goal is to be able to slide the receiver on and off of the pc board. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Carroll

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Samtec allows you to specify such a connector (i.e.: SSW[or Q]-07-02-F-T-RA) though availability is not clear. I would contact them. This datasheet provides ordering information.

There are almost certainly other manufacturers that offer similar options, this was the first I found. You can go to one of the large distributors' websites and use the parametric search to find possible alternatives.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So, when you said 1mm spacing, you actually meant 2.54mm spacing?
I missed the orginal post as .1”, being such a common pitch. But if the pitch really is 1mm, there seem to be only 2 row sockets available. It sounds like the device that will be connected is already terminated. If so, maybe it is 2.54mm since that’s where the three row sockets exist.

I hope so, otherwise it appears to be custom...