Is through hole tactile switch correctly configured in this diagram?

clangray

Joined Nov 4, 2018
So what is the problem??
Maybe I don't understand what a max Electrical Capacity is. I took it as the maximum voltage you can apply to the switch:

Electrical Capacity (Resistive Load) Maximum Level: 500mA @ 12V DC Minimum Level: 1.0mA maximum @ 10mV AC/DC maximum

I've got 15v.

Am I looking at a the wrong parameter?

Attachments

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is nothing in the device (switch) that is going to set a definitive limit of 12vdc, the rating is for the Va figure which is is 500ma at 12v.
When operating at a much lower current value it is leaving it open to allow the slight increase of 15vdc usage.

clangray

Joined Nov 4, 2018
There is nothing in the device (switch) that is going to set a definitive limit of 12vdc, the rating is for the Va figure which is is 500ma at 12v.
When operating at a much lower current value it is leaving it open to allow the slight increase of 15vdc usage.
Ill give it a shot. Thx for the suggestion.

clangray

Joined Nov 4, 2018
Ill give it a shot. Thx for the suggestion.
I've attached a symbol schematic below of the switch in question. Is it correct and is pin 2 completely unconnected or does it go to ground? My simulator won't allow its connection, which says something.

On-Off Switch schematic.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The way you show it, it will not switch.
You really only need to go between 1&2, COM & NO,
COM =15v, N.O. to the circuit. no connection between each until you operate the switch.
Although it shows Centre OFF , measure continuity with a meter to be sure, the sheet is a bit ambiguous, the description should show SPDT with centre off, per the diagram shown.

Last edited:

clangray

Joined Nov 4, 2018
So I am trying to end the post. But I guess I am learning more than I expected. The pin diagram below: EasyEDA is having a problem with pin 3. Should I leave it free or connect it?

Switch Missing Pin 3 attachment.jpg