Is this Relay Logic diagram correct?

Daniel718

Joined Dec 27, 2014
Hello, i am trying to get a better understanding on relay logic. i just got my foot in the elevator field and noticed plc's are widely used. i created a scenario and solved it using relay logic. i would like your input to see if you can find any problems with this diagram. Thank you.

Scenario:
Create a 2 floor lift that has the following:
1.Hall stop switch
2.Top and bottom final limits (TF & BF) (used to stop the lift level to door zone)
3.Door locks (DL) ( Hall door interlock//Lift cannot move unless DL contacts are made)
4.Gate Switch (GS) ( Lift door interlock//Lift cannot move unless GS contacts are made)

Notes:
-Gate switch,Door locks and Stop switch are considered safeties. if any of the safeties are open the lift will not move.
-Lifts are not passenger cars, so there will be no personnel in the lift( meaning no inputs are required inside)

My question: Do you notice a problem? Any suggestions on how to better improve this scenario/diagram?

IMG_1402.JPG

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looks reasonable to me, It is usual to fit the motor overload detection contacts in the 1CR and 2CR strings.
The stop button would need to be push to latch - turn to release, not momentary.
A master control relay would be better maybe.
See PDF.
Max.

Attachments