Is this a good 0 to 10V analog output driver?

Mahonroy

Joined Oct 21, 2014
Hello,
I am attempting to build a 0 to 10v analog output driver. Most of the time there will be less than 20mA loads on the output (the output will either be wired directly to a separate analog-to-digital converter, or an inductive load). I want it to be capable of handling 100mV minimum. The output will not change faster than 100Hz.

The LMC7101 looks to be a good op-amp for this. I attempted to add some simple circuit protection, and a capacitor to smooth the output out slightly. Is this a good way of accomplishing this? I want it to reasonable robust and not damage too easily. (There may be some EMI/EMF nearby as well). The absolute accuracy of the output is not very critical, e.g. it could be off by 2% and its no big deal.

So this was my attempt at it, does this look good, or should I change anything? Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated!
analogdriver.jpg

p.s. the capacitors C16 (100pF) and C17 (10uF) I just chose - I couldn't figure out how to correctly calculate these. Same thing goes for R3 (33 ohm resistor on output).

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I've worked quite a bit with the LMC6482 (the dual version of the LMC7101) in single-supply operation, and your circuit looks good to me. I don't think R1 is really necessary, since the LMC7101 has essentially zero input bias current; but it isn't going to hurt anything. C16 looks good, and R3 and C17 look good also, provided you aren't going to want extremely fast response times.

Mahonroy

Joined Oct 21, 2014
I've worked quite a bit with the LMC6482 (the dual version of the LMC7101) in single-supply operation, and your circuit looks good to me. I don't think R1 is really necessary, since the LMC7101 has essentially zero input bias current; but it isn't going to hurt anything. C16 looks good, and R3 and C17 look good also, provided you aren't going to want extremely fast response times.
Sounds good, thanks for taking the time to take a look!