Is there a way to auto select available Mains when other Main turns off

aruneshdutta

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Hello all

I have a three phase connected to manual phase changeover wanted to know is there any product or what it;s known that can select automatically based on available Mains from other other two rather then manually selecting making the entire thing much simpler for me..thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What is the present nature of the manual change over?
If the back up phases are always live, a heavy duty contactor system maybe employed.
Max.

Can't quite tell what you have. Knowing where you are (Power delivered) might help a little.

It sounds like your selecting single phase output from a three phase supply?

So, voltage, frequency, current, Y or delta might help.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Here is a very simple circuit that will do what you want using 3 relays.

If L1 is live relay L1 will select L1, if L1 drops out then L2 will be selected by relay L1 and L2, if both L1 and L2 drop out then the relays will select L3.

You could omit the L3 relay and connect the normally closed contact of L2 to L3 if you don’t mind the system switching over phases on first switch on.

Attachments

aruneshdutta

Joined Feb 21, 2017
What is the present nature of the manual change over?
If the back up phases are always live, a heavy duty contactor system maybe employed.
Max.
I stay in India have a 220 V 3 phase line we have a a manual selection dial and distributed 3 phases in entire home, when electricity goes that particular indicator will be off we will switch to any other active phase and electricity is back

aruneshdutta

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Thanks all I simply want an automatic selection of phase currently have 220 V 3 phase we distributed 3 phase in entire home and when electricity goes that particular phase indicator turns off we can then turn to other phase and electricity is back what we wanting is any automating phase selection switch

mvas

Joined Jun 19, 2017
ATS - Automatic Transfer Switch
Automatically ... transfers the load from the Primary Source to the Secondary Source, and back when available.