Is there a single 12v DC pulse device?

DanielHowden

Joined Nov 8, 2019
I have been trying to find a device that when it receives a constant +12v current will send out a +12v pulse for 0.5 seconds.

This is for a car project I am working on.

Thanks, Daniel.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have been trying to find a device that when it receives a constant +12v current will send out a +12v pulse for 0.5 seconds.

This is for a car project I am working on.

Thanks, Daniel.
Yes it is called a microcontroller in an 8-pin package. It may require some programming and some additional components to achieve the desired results. They will all fit on a very small PCB.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If the load is small, you could use a 555 IC timer configured as a one-shot.
Do you want to build or buy?

A module like this may work for you.

DanielHowden

Joined Nov 8, 2019
Cool, thanks for the input and suggestions. I would rather buy than build this time round just for simplicity.

The item that Yaakov pointed out looks like a likely item though and the price is low enough to be worth a punt.

DanielHowden

Joined Nov 8, 2019
So I have been reading the item in the link provided from Yaakov and it looks like it will continue to pulse.

I need an item that once it is powered on it give one 0.5 sec pulse of 5 amps and then does nothing until it receives a power feed again.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So I have been reading the item in the link provided from Yaakov and it looks like it will continue to pulse.

I need an item that once it is powered on it give one 0.5 sec pulse of 5 amps and then does nothing until it receives a power feed again.
It seems to say that it won't pulse again until IN goes low.

"P1(relay on):when power on, the relay on, delay T1, and the relay off. Give IN a low level, repeat the above function."

I interpret that as:

1) Apply power, relay goes on, there is a delay(T1), the relay goes off.
2) IF you pull IN low, it will do it again.

So, you'd connect to Vcc and ground and ignore IN. When you turn it on, it will do the pulse, then stop.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thank you Yaakov for explaining that. I think thats the module for me then.

Daniel.
Happy to help but a disclaimer: my translation of Chinese English is not 100% reliable but I would buy it if I needed the function you do. Well, I would build something, but if I was going to buy something easy to get, I'd be happy with the probabilities this will work.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The circuit is very simple. Here is a random innergoogle image grab. A 555 will run directly off 12 V with no regulator. In your application:

1. Delete the 74LS05 inverter, and take the output directly from pin 3.

2. Increase the timing capacitor to 0.47 uF.

3. Add another 0.47 uF cap from pin 4 to pin 1.

ak

1620333701995.png

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

How long does the initial 12V power feed lasts? Is it shorter or longer than 0.5s?
Is the pulse circuit to be powered from the 12V trigger signal or is there constant 12V power available?