Is the electron coming back ?

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
Greetings ,

I wonder if the electron that gets out of the coil due to relative movement of the magnet (mmf) to charge the battery, is he coming back to the coil.
this is perfectly closed loop. so, if one electron going to the cathode, shouldn't the anode release an electron to the coil. isn't this the law of electric energy conservation ?

Can't wait to hear from you.

1609622257796.png

Thanks.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
First, your battery will immediately discharge through the coil as soon as any current flows due to movement of the magnet. It will push the magnet in the opposite direction. You'll need a diode to prevent this from happening.

Second, electron motion is irrelevant. What is happening when you charge the battery is a chemical reaction in the battery electrolyte. Once charged, the chemical reaction is reversed when energy flows back out of the battery.

I'd suggest that you search the web for "battery chemistry" to learn more about batteries and what's happening when they are charged and discharged.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Greetings ,

I wonder if the electron that gets out of the coil due to relative movement of the magnet (mmf) to charge the battery, is he coming back to the coil.
this is perfectly closed loop. so, if one electron going to the cathode, shouldn't the anode release an electron to the coil. isn't this the law of electric energy conservation ?

Can't wait to hear from you.

View attachment 226564

Thanks.
Title: Understanding Basic Electronics, 1st Ed.
Publisher: The American Radio Relay League
ISBN: 0-87259-398-3

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Once an electron is pushed into the battery by the coil, it is stored there chemically and, more or less, cannot be distinguished from all the other N electrons stored there. Its odds of reentering the coil are 1 in n/N where n is the number of electrons entering the coil in a given experiment. So the probability approaches unity if all N electrons available from the battery pass through the coil.