is it possible to send a analog signals via GPRS?

kamel2913

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Hi guys, I have made a web site and I'm receiving data via GPRS from my arduino, using HTTP requests and so on, I have could send some sensors data like temperatures, pressures and so on, now I want to send an analogue signal for exemple, I want to send an ECG signals via GPRS from my arduino, is that possible and how?
Thanks

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You have to first convert all analog signals to digital words using an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
Then you send the digital words using GPRS.
Doesn't your Arduino have a built-in ADC?
If you have more than one analog signal, you can use an analog multiplexer to select which analog signal that goes to the ADC input for conversion.

kamel2913

Joined Mar 6, 2015
You have to first convert all analog signals to digital words using an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
Then you send the digital words using GPRS.
Doesn't your Arduino have a built-in ADC?
If you have more than one analog signal, you can use an analog multiplexer to select which analog signal that goes to the ADC input for conversion.
many thanks for your reply, I have converted my signal to digital words but now the problem is after I convert it to digital words, I couldn't find a way to use in a PHP to make it take it's analogs values again.
If you plan to send ECG signals in real time, GPRS is not the way
many thanks for your reply, do you have any better idea? and even if I don't want to send it in real time, but just a a recorded sginal of 1 minute, how can I get the original analogs values after I convert it to digital and send it to PHP page?

sorry both for my English.

JWHassler

Joined Sep 25, 2013
many thanks for your reply, I have converted my signal to digital words but now the problem is after I convert it to digital words, I couldn't find a way to use in a PHP to make it take it's analogs values again.

many thanks for your reply, do you have any better idea? and even if I don't want to send it in real time, but just a a recorded sginal of 1 minute, how can I get the original analogs values after I convert it to digital and send it to PHP page?

sorry both for my English.
PHP has (according to http://php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php ,) a complete set of file functions.
Use a combination of these to save your list of numeric values to your computer.
Then decide what you need to do with them. Or maybe decide that first

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
At some point you need to do some math to convert the ADC digital binary word back to a decimal voltage that the binary word represents (binary to BCD to decimal/ASCII).
You can do that either at the transmit end or the received end, wherever it's easier to do.
I'm not familiar with PHP or the Arduino to help you with that.