Is it possible to repair this battery charger?

VictorOh

Joined Mar 16, 2022
So the other day someone plugged a regular Alkaline battery into our battery charger without us knowing. Fortunately we caught it hissing and remove said batteries, but the hissing continued.
I brought it home to see if it was salvageable, but upon plugging it in, not only it did not turn on, the dc connector even started getting way too hot.
So, as per the title, is there any chance of saving it? At least as a learning experience, since we already plan on ordering a replacement.

Attachments

prepka

Joined Oct 5, 2020
So the other day someone plugged a regular Alkaline battery into our battery charger without us knowing. Fortunately we caught it hissing and remove said batteries, but the hissing continued.
I brought it home to see if it was salvageable, but upon plugging it in, not only it did not turn on, the dc connector even started getting way too hot.
So, as per the title, is there any chance of saving it? At least as a learning experience, since we already plan on ordering a replacement.
Yes you probably can repair it but you do not have a schematic and parts listing to verify the correct part numbers. I would wait until the new one comes to verify the correct parts you need to replace to be successful. Reliability may be questionable after repair but the old one can be used as a back up. Best to have a sign saying "no alkaline" on the new one to prevent the same mistake.