Is it possible to increase static electricity distance ?

jeolex

Joined May 3, 2015
Hi my friends,

I have negative ion generator. I have used it for generating static electiricity and I have done it. I can pull some slices of paper, stick etc. by static electricity. But pulling distance is not enough for my project. It is about 2-3 cm. Is it possible to increase the pulling distance of static electricity to approx. 10 cm ?

You can see my items from here

And also want to ask that have high voltage generators capable for producing static electricty ?

Thanks,
Best regards.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi my friends,

I have negative ion generator. I have used it for generating static electiricity and I have done it. I can pull some slices of paper, stick etc. by static electricity. But pulling distance is not enough for my project. It is about 2-3 cm. Is it possible to increase the pulling distance of static electricity to approx. 10 cm ?

You can see my items from here

And also want to ask that have high voltage generators capable for producing static electricty ?

Thanks,
Best regards.
If you're serious about high voltage, you want to buy or build a Van de Graaf generator. Edmund Scientific has some pretty decent ones.

jeolex

Joined May 3, 2015
I have ordered high voltage generator (400 kV). I supposed that it will generate more powerful static electiricty than what I have (4-6kV).

Ordered high voltage generator here, I am not sure it is capable to produce static electiricity.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I have ordered high voltage generator (400 kV). I supposed that it will generate more powerful static electiricty than what I have (4-6kV).

Ordered high voltage generator here, I am not sure it is capable to produce static electiricity.
"Static" only refers to the way it's made.....it's still the same stuff.

jeolex

Joined May 3, 2015
Thanks for replies. Sorry for my lack of electricity knowledge.
I also wonder that for example I connect both of terminals which are make arc to aluminium plates and generate static electricity area between plates, what s that mean. Is that mean when I put something between two plates, this thing exposure "-" negative ion ? How is possible that pull or move light materials such as slice of paper, dusts, sticks etc. in static area.

Thanks,
Best regards.