Is it possible to get 6 digit safe code off of electronic lock eeprom

bmklawt

Joined Dec 27, 2013
I'm just curious, I recently had to bust into my fathers electronically locked safe, drilled into the side and pounded the locking pins back into door, because we didn't know the code. Just for fun I tore the lock apart just to see how the mechanical part of the lock worked, I don't understand electronics but do remember from high school electronics classes about eeproms and was curious if its possible to read the 6 digit code from from the eeprom "24AA02" at least I would assume the 6 digit code is stored there.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm just curious, I recently had to bust into my fathers electronically locked safe, drilled into the side and pounded the locking pins back into door, because we didn't know the code. Just for fun I tore the lock apart just to see how the mechanical part of the lock worked, I don't understand electronics but do remember from high school electronics classes about eeproms and was curious if its possible to read the 6 digit code from from the eeprom "24AA02" at least I would assume the 6 digit code is stored there.
It might be possible if the part lacks security fuses or those fuses were not blown. If it has them and they are blown then you need to cut open the package and "read" the silicon with a powerful microscope. I hope you found what you were looking for.

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
An EEPROM can be written to and read from. We're not going to know if the code is stored on it or how it's stored on it. Seems pointless to want to read the code after the safe has been busted open.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
An EEPROM can be written to and read from
Hello their
:) EEPROM chips can be hacked, read and written to using a serial programmer.
today I have no scruples. bust open the safe and you noticed a eeprom they're in lies your treasure "Knowledge" Google it buddy you are going to be amazed my code always shows up

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
possible to read the 6 digit code from from the eeprom "24AA02" at least I would assume the 6 digit code is stored there.
Standard parts can be write protected by tying the WP pin HIGH, but reading is unaffected. You'll likely have to remove the chip to read it and then decode how the code was stored.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Since the 24AA02 is an I2C device you could probably just probe it and get the entire memory.

Good luck figuring out which of the 256 memory locations contain lock code. Plus guessing if they are encoded somehow.