Is it possible to connect the mouse circuit to the steering wheel set motherboard instead of the potentiometer?

denizari82

Joined Oct 26, 2023
The potentiometer cannot perform in games due to both the limited rotation angle and the serious gap, but most importantly, its response is very weak! When I try it with the mouse (for example, ETS game), the steering wheel in the game turns/reacts at the same rate and instantly even to the slightest movement. When I connect the mouse circuit to the potentiometer inputs of the steering circuit, naturally it does not work. I didn't get any results when I connected it to the other ends. I wonder how can I connect this mouse optic to the main board instead of the potentiometer or is this possible?
20231026_141300-1.jpg

20231025_201053-2.jpg

20231026_141511.jpg

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The potentiometer cannot perform in games due to both the limited rotation angle and the serious gap, but most importantly, its response is very weak! When I try it with the mouse (for example, ETS game), the steering wheel in the game turns/reacts at the same rate and instantly even to the slightest movement. When I connect the mouse circuit to the potentiometer inputs of the steering circuit, naturally it does not work. I didn't get any results when I connected it to the other ends. I wonder how can I connect this mouse optic to the main board instead of the potentiometer or is this possible?
No. You cannot replace a potentiometer with a mouse. A potentiometer is an analog device that puts out a changing voltage. A mouse is a digital device that outputs zeros and ones. They are incompatible.

What is possible to do is make a potentiometer pretend to be a mouse. This would require a microcontroller and some programming.
It is conceivable that one can take a mouse and simulate a potentiometer. But it would take a lot of effort.

denizari82

Joined Oct 26, 2023
No. You cannot replace a potentiometer with a mouse. A potentiometer is an analog device that puts out a changing voltage. A mouse is a digital device that outputs zeros and ones. They are incompatible.

What is possible to do is make a potentiometer pretend to be a mouse. This would require a microcontroller and some programming.
It is conceivable that one can take a mouse and simulate a potentiometer. But it would take a lot of effort.
My dreams have been shattered :), joking aside thank you for your answer. So, can you recommend a potentiometer with a more sensitive response? (The standard on it is a 300-degree, single-turn pots).

denizari82

Joined Oct 26, 2023

Well, I found something like this, do you think this device will work for me: "Voltage Converter Module - Digital to Analog Signal PWM Adjustable Power Module":https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001634067740.html
Ekran görüntüsü 2023-10-28 213923.png