Is it possible to amplify a generator output using and amplifier circuit

Thermoprop

Joined Dec 11, 2018
I am working on a a generator design that is restricted by size and I need more volts from the system. This is a simple generator with a permanent magnet stator. Is it possible to use an amplification circuit to amplify the output and what component of the output will the circuit amplify?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Do you mean get more power or just a higher voltage?
If power, no, unless you run another generator as well.
But more voltage can be supplied with a boost switchmode supply, or a transformer if the output is AC.
A bit more detail of what you actually have would make for better advice. You are pretty vague so there is no info of what the power ratings you have or need.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am working on a a generator design that is restricted by size and I need more volts from the system. This is a simple generator with a permanent magnet stator. Is it possible to use an amplification circuit to amplify the output and what component of the output will the circuit amplify?
I build a generator. My generator produces 240 VAC and has a maximum current of 16.66 Amps, it is a 4,000 watt generator. I power it using an 8.0 Horsepower gasoline powered engine. Now if I want 480 VAC I can have that by using a step up transformer but I also can't get something for nothing so while I can step up the voltage now I only have 8.33 amps maximum and in reality it will be less due to some losses. If I start with 4000 watts I can never get more. I can also use a transformer to reduce my voltage to 120 VAC and get more current, about 32 amps but I still have 4,000 watts with some loss. I still can't get something for nothing.

You need to, as mentioned, better define exactly what you want to do and how you plan to go about it.

Ron

Thermoprop

Joined Dec 11, 2018
Ahh perfect, thank you Ron, and sorry for the vagueness dendad, Im not so experienced in this area nut i have what i need now.