Is it possible crystal oscillator frequency get saturated?

dante_clericuzzio

Joined Mar 28, 2016
I run an active crystal oscillators to amplify my wifi modem...and it works quite well but at some point of time the frequency seems to go down...for example it run 16 Mhz and then at times it goes down to 2 Mhz ....when it goes down the signal transmission getting low and my modem also not getting the good signal but when it run at 16 Mhz i could easily get 4 bar from the 4G LTE

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I run an active crystal oscillators to amplify my wifi modem...and it works quite well but at some point of time the frequency seems to go down...for example it run 16 Mhz and then at times it goes down to 2 Mhz ....when it goes down the signal transmission getting low and my modem also not getting the good signal but when it run at 16 Mhz i could easily get 4 bar from the 4G LTE
Let me get my crystal ball...,

Ok, I'm seeing your circuit, yes, coming in clearer...

My eyes are just not good enough to see the part numbers.

I sorry, you're going to have to provide a schematic with part numbers.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sounds a bit dodgy [slang. Australian] to me. How is a low frequency oscillator supposed to enhance a WiFi signal at 2.4 or 5.8 GHz? Also what does it mean for a "crystal oscillator frequency to get saturated"? It would help immensely if the discourse avoided fantastical concepts.

Last edited: